Our History

Fluid Mechanics

In 1957, Fluid Mechanics, Inc. opened its doors on Brookpark Road in Cleveland, Ohio. The first products that were represented included the American Bosch™ fuel injection and Hydrotor™ hydraulic starters. The name, Fluid Mechanics denoted that the fuel pumps and injectors were mechanically driven and actuated. These systems are still in use today.

Fluid Mechanics continued to grow eventually servicing American Bosch™, Caterpillar™, Cummins™, Lucas CAV™ (now Delphi), Robert Bosch™ and Stanadyne™ fuel systems. In the late 1970's we moved to our current location. Coinciding with the move, we were approached by customers operating both large & medium speed diesel engines and asked to service the fuel system on these engines.

Fluid Mechanics headquarters

We accepted the challenge and became the representatives of major fuel system manufacturers for these engines. We can provide parts and service for American Bosch™, Bendix™, Duap™, Robert Bosch™ and Woodward Diesel Systems (formerly Bryce, Lucas/Bryce, Delphi). In addition, we service and carry parts for major engine valve manufacturers and specialized high pressure fuel lines.

In 1995, we opened a branch office in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to service the cruise line industry especially in the Caribbean Basin and Central America. This facility only services fuel systems found on slow and medium speed diesel engines.

Interested in viewing our office?

Click one of the following links to launch a video:


 

Home | Client Login | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions | Legal Notice | Contact Us
Copyright © 2008 by Fluid Mechanics, LLC.

760 Moore Road, Avon Lake, Ohio 44012 Phone +1 440 961-1120
215 S.W. 32nd Street Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33315 Phone +1 954 525-1755